Passing Cookies to Drupal Backend

Drew, AJ Drew.AJ at principal.com
Mon Jul 25 19:43:00 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have a question I need confirmation on from the group.

I have been asked if it is possible to somehow retain cookies so that they are available to the Drupal PHP code, but  not  have them used for caching within Varnish.

I could not think of a way to perform this, but thought I would ask those with more experience.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

The requirements would be to do this for all unauthenticated and authenticated traffic for a site.  A couple of cookies will be used in caching, but most will just need to be passed through and ignored for caching, but all added back on for the return.

Thanks!

A J

-----Message Disclaimer-----

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply email to Connect at principal.com and delete or destroy all copies of the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained as required by law or regulation.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign") unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.