Varnish threads growing until no response

Michael Dosser mic at strg.at
Fri Jul 29 14:44:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Am 29.07.2016 um 14:20 schrieb Guillaume Quintard <guillaume at varnish-software.com>:
>
> Silly question, but have you tried having more threads? And at the same time, thread_pool should be set to 2, unless you have a very valid reason to do otherwise.

thanks for your help. I’ll try these new settings! I didn’t think about changing the startup logic and always thought our problem is coming from our quite complex VCL.

Michael Dosser

PS: I changed the startup to:

varnishd -f /etc/varnish/fuf.vcl \
       -h critbit \
       -a 127.0.0.1:6081 \
       -T 127.0.0.1:6082 \
       -t 120 \
       -S /etc/varnish/secret \
       -s malloc,12G \
       -p thread_pool_min=500 \
       -p thread_pool_max=3000 \
       -p thread_pools=2 \
       -p thread_pool_add_delay=0 \
       -p vcc_allow_inline_c=on \
       -p feature=+esi_disable_xml_check \
       -p feature=+esi_ignore_other_elements \
       -p feature=+esi_ignore_https"

strg.at gmbh  michael.dosser at strg.at
    gumpendorferstrasse 132, top 9, 1060 wien
    tel +43 (1) 526 56 29  mobile +43 699 1 7777 164