varnishncsa logs split per domain

Miguel González miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es
Sat Nov 12 20:20:08 CET 2016

>> I suggest looking into splitlogs with piped logging:
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/logs.html#piped
>> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/programs/split-logfile.html
>>
>> This is similarly used with cPanel/WHM
>> (https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/The+splitlogs+Binary)
>> which you can likely pipe to directly from varnishncsa granted the
>> expected format is used. I haven't tried this personally, but now that
>> you've mentioned it this would seem pretty useful. Hope this helps!

Sorry to sort of hijack the thread but this is interesting to me.

I have Varnish 4.1 in front of WHM. Is it possible to pipe all
varnishncsa logs into one log in Apache (WHM in my case) so after Apache
processes those logs in webalizer or awstats?

I would like to avoid to have to add manually everytime I add a new
virtualhost in WHM.

Miguel