varnishncsa logs split per domain

Admin Beckspaced admin at beckspaced.com
Sun Nov 13 11:18:54 CET 2016

Same Hello here ;)

did have a more in depth look in the manual and figured out that
varnishncsa does support VSL query.
so someone could filter on the Request Header and Host

varnishncsa -q "ReqHeader ~ '^Host: .*example.com'"

which would produce a log for a specific domain only

it then would need multiple varnishncsa instances for logging per
domain, which I found here:

https://kevops.com/2015/11/varnish-logging-per-host-with-init-script/

I use varnish version 5 and then there would be no need for splitlog and
the logs would be created directly.

please correct me if I'm wrong?

thanks for your time & help
Becki