varnishncsa logs split per domain

Admin Beckspaced admin at beckspaced.com
Tue Nov 15 17:57:57 CET 2016

Am 15.11.2016 um 16:51 schrieb Dridi Boukelmoune:
>> a bit more hints and info would be nice ;)
> man vmod_std
> man varnishncsa
>
> That's how much "nice" I'm willing to do :p
>
> Dridi

ok. first I want to say thanks for being nice and pointing me to the man
pages.

after a bit of reading I finally found the parts I was looking for:

     import std;

     sub vcl_recv {

     std.log(“myhost:” + regsub(req.http.Host, "^www\.", "") );

     }

in varnishncsa:

      # varnishncsa -F ‘%h %l %u %t “%r” %s %b “%{Referer}i”
“%{User-agent}i %{VCL_Log:myhost}x’

not yet tested but I think this is what Dridi was pointing to?

Ok ... I also do understand that people need to read manuals a.k.a. RTFM ;)

But is a mailing list ONLY here to get the finger pointed to MAN and RTFM???

I'm part of quite a few mailing lists and if I see others having
problems I already encountered and solved earlier I'm always happy to
give them the bits and pieces they need.
why just point them to MAN or RTFM if I know that specific info?

Isn't that what a mailing list is there for? To help others?

Your thoughts please ;)

thanks & greetings
becki