is there a default vlc for varnish 5

Admin Beckspaced admin at beckspaced.com
Fri Oct 28 10:51:22 CEST 2016

hello varnish users,

I'm using varnish 5 and I'm actually quite new to varnish, so i
apologize in advance, if I'm asking 'stupid' questions ;)

I'm currently thinking about the following:

sub vcl_hash {

   # If the client supports compression, keep that in a different cache
   if (req.http.Accept-Encoding) {

     hash_data(req.http.Accept-Encoding);

do I need to do this? or is there some default vlc_hash by varnish,
which automatically does those things by itself?
and if so, where can i find the default varnish vlc? github? link to the
documentation?

thanks & greetings
becki