is there a default vlc for varnish 5

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Fri Oct 28 11:08:13 CEST 2016

Run "varnishadm vcl.show -v boot", this will show you what files are used
to build the vcl, and you'll notice "builtin.vcl". This is the code that
gets executed when you don't return from your subroutines. You can also try
and "locate builtin.vcl" to get that code.

Now, to answer your second question, don't care about it, but have your
backend reply with a vary header if the accept-encoding header is important.

--
Guillaume Quintard