Varnish leaves old configs behind.

Thomas Lecomte thomas.lecomte at virtual-expo.com
Mon Sep 5 14:21:38 CEST 2016

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Gerhard Schmidt <schmidt at ze.tum.de> wrote:
> That was in the part you didn't quote. Every time I install a new config
> the old one is discarded and disappears from vcl.list but not from the
> directory.

Oh sorry - I don't know how I missed that.

I just tested on my varnish instance and vcl.discard effectively
removes the directory  /var/lib/varnish/$instance/$confname. The user
as which varnishadm is run doesn't seem to be important (root or my
own user).

The compiled VCL files are owned by the varnish user (as which
varnishd runs). Might it not be a permissions problem for you?

--
Thomas Lecomte / Sysadmin / Virtual Expo