Varnish Lurker is getting slower / Ban lists keeps increasing

Olivier Hanesse olivier.hanesse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:47:41 CEST 2017

Hello Dridi,

Thanks for your reply.
I must admit I didn't understand perfectly the description of this option.

What will happen when the ban list hits the size of bans defined in
ban_cutoff value ?

Will the ban list be truncated and all the previous (oldest ?) bans will be
simply deleted without purging the cache ?
Or will varnish suspend other regular requests (increasing the lurker
priority thread , something like that ?) until the ban list size is under
this value ?

Regards

Olivier