Odd crash

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Mon Feb 20 12:02:17 CET 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Andrei <lagged at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running 4.1.5 using the official repo (Cent6) now:
>
> Name        : varnish
> Arch        : x86_64
> Version     : 4.1.5
> Release     : 1.el6
> Size        : 6.3 M
>
> There haven't been any issues since the upgrade, and that was honestly the
> first panic I've had with Varnish in 3yrs+. I did notice the "Clock step
> detected" mentioned in the panic log, and have seen some reports of clock
> stepping causing issues, but there were no ntp/hwclock changes recorded at
> the time.

Sorry, I misread your email, it clearly says that you are currently
running 4.1.5... What was the version when the panic occurred?

Regarding stepping clocks, I believe that we still haven't reached a
consensus regarding how to deal with them. So you may still get a
crash for this reason. At the very least, it now tells you the reason
in the panic message.

Dridi