Setting a region cookie

Mike Alberghini MAlberghini at habitat.org
Wed Mar 8 22:38:11 CET 2017

We’re trying to get a varnish setup running that sets a regional cookie.  I’m having some troubles getting it to work, so any advice will be appreciated.

We’re running Drupal 8 and Varnish 4.1.5 with the geoip2 vmod.  IP Geolocation is working fine, and our X-GeoIP headers are being set correctly.  What I would like to do is have varnish set a "country” cookie when requests to our home page come in.  I’ve got it manipulating the req.http.Cookie header, but it does not seem to be actually setting a cookie in the browser.  Any suggestions?

--
Mike Alberghini
Software Developer, Habitat for Humanity International