Setting a region cookie

Nicolas Delmas colas.delmas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 12:40:14 CET 2017

Hi,

Be careful the method in the link given by Michael doesn't work.
To set a cookie, you must use the vmod header.

And in the subroutines *vcl_deliver* you must add sotmehting like this
(just change the name of the cookie and the value)

header.append(resp.http.Set-Cookie,
> "VarnishCache="+resp.http.X-Cache+"path:/");

Because using the set resp.http.Set-Cookie = overwrite all Cookie written
by the backend.

I just implement this method in my website to get Analytics stats of my
Varnish

*Nicolas Delmas*
http://tutoandco.colas-delmas.fr/ <colas.delmas at gmail.com>