Custom Permalinks Setting in Wordpress

Magical Wonders myles at magicalwonders.com
Wed Mar 15 10:28:21 CET 2017

I'm working my way through the Wiki guide for configuring Varnish to
work with Wordpress -
https://www.varnish-software.com/wiki/content/tutorials/wordpress/wp_step_by_step.html

Two questions immediately spring up -

Step 3 says to enable custom permalinks in Wordpress typing
/%year%/%monthnum%/%post_id%  - My existing Wordpress sites all have
custom Permalinks. However they are mostly in the format of
/%postname%/  I don't really want to have to change all the permalinks.
Will Varnish still work ok for sites with custom Permalinks set at
/%postname%/ ?

The last part of Step 3 is to open a command prompt and run "ta2enmod
rewrite" as root. Mod_rewrite must already be enabled on my server so I
guess I can skip that step?

Hope someone can advise.

Myles