Ignore utm_* values with varnish?

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Thu Oct 12 12:54:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Mattias Geniar <mattias at nucleus.be> wrote:
>> You can indeed do it in pure VCL, but for long URLs it also means a
>> lot more workspace consumption.
>
> Oh absolutely, long-term vmod’s are the way to go, but depending
> on the server setup, those can be cumbersome to install & get going
> since they get compiled from source. Not always convenient on
> servers.

Yeah, if it's not already available in repositories, some will give
up. I added rpm and dpkg (experimental) packaging to vmod-querystring
to help a bit, but you still have to build it from source... I'm not
hosting apt or yum repositories myself (and we still have an open
question regarding vmod packaging and varnish upgrades).

> If Pinakee is looking for a stable, supported solution, vmod’s should
> definitely be on top of his list.
>
> Mattias

Cheers