Memory utilisation gradually increasing

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Thu Aug 2 10:19:43 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM, FULLER, David <FULLERD at parliament.uk> wrote:
> That’s great, thanks.  Does the first VCL listed (labelled boot in column 4
> – ‘available   cold/cold          0 boot’) need to stay loaded and is there
> a recommended amount of VCLs to keep loaded?

There's nothing special about "boot", it's just the VCL name given to
the one loaded at launch time using the -f or -b option.

For the amount of VCLs to keep loaded, I'd say enough to feel
confident about rollbacks. If it takes you 30m to link a problem to a
VCL change, then keep 1h worth of reloads for example. Again, your
policy, your rules :)

Cheers