Multiple VCL upon Startup

Michael Davis mdavis at csidigital.net
Wed Jun 27 03:20:13 UTC 2018

I've successfully loaded and labeled several VCL files with one that routes properly, as outlined on this page:

https://varnish-cache.org/docs/5.1/users-guide/vcl-separate.html

However, I need this setup to load automatically upon reboot of the server without intervention.  I found only one article that claims to do this by supplying a cli file to varnishadm via an "I" flag in the daemon_args.  I'm running version 5.0 on Ubuntu and the man page does not include this option and attempting to use it causes varnish to fail:

varnishd: invalid option -- 'I'

The article that describes this method is from varnish-software.com<http://varnish-software.com> and claims it should work on version 5 and up.  Am I to assume that this is only available in the commercial version of varnish?

https://info.varnish-software.com/blog/one-vcl-per-domain?success=true

I'm interested in recommendations so that I can rely on varnish to load multiple VCL files upon startup/reboot.

Thanks!

Mike