Migration from 4.1 vcl

Cosimo Streppone cosimo at streppone.it
Wed Oct 9 16:03:04 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019, at 17:53, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
> > > Probably mostly third-party VMODs, since Varnish 6.x still supports
> > > the VCL 4.0 syntax.
> >
> > Any specific info on migration of vmods?
> > I mostly use the "bundled" vmods[1], but occasionally others like libvmod-sqlite3[2].
>
> When it comes to third-party VMODS an upgrade from Varnish 4.1 to 6.x
> needs to be studied on a case-by-case basis. Worst case scenario the
> module is not even available for the Varnish version you with to
> upgrade to.

What I meant was if there's any vmod interface/api change between 4.1 and 6.0
that could break third party vmod code, if that makes any sense.

In that case, if a vmod I'd like to use on 6.x doesn't exist or hasn't been
upgraded yet, I could perhaps try and do that myself.

Maybe too much of a generic question :-)

--
Cosimo