Use varnish-cache in front of HLS servers for live streaming

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Thu Jun 10 16:18:22 UTC 2021

Hi,

By default, Varnish only hashes the host and URL (including the query
string):
https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/blob/master/bin/varnishd/builtin.vcl#L124

So you possibly need to clean the query string.

Or, while unlikely, it could be that your backend is returning a Vary
header, in which case, you should remove the request headers corresponding
to this (ignore content-encoding though)

--
Guillaume Quintard