Public alternative to VFP_Push

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Mon Apr 25 10:02:58 UTC 2022

On 25.04.22 11:12, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> If it doesn't work in practice we will have to do something about it...

FWIW, we also need to push filters in pesi[1] very similar to how core ESI code
does.

As pesi is so tightly coupled to core code, and, consequently is a "VARNISHSRC"
vmod, that I do not care about API boundaries, but the use case might be more
general:

A filter might determine that it needs/wants to push more filters after
processing of the filter list is finished, if only for modularity.

How relevant this use case is for vmods which could otherwise limit themselves
to just VRT I do not know.

Nils

[1] https://code.uplex.de/uplex-varnish/libvdp-pesi