Strange Broken Pipe error from Varnish health checks

Guillaume Quintard guillaume.quintard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:46:56 UTC 2023

Thanks, I looked at the code quickly and I'd venture that maybe the
/varnish_check is a bit too large and doesn't fit Varnish's probe buffer
(we only care about the status line of the response anyway), so Varnish
closes the connection while nginx isn't done yet.

If it's that, it's not very polite, but it's harmless.
--
Guillaume Quintard