Improved github issue templates

kokoniimasu kokoniimasu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:03:22 UTC 2023

Hi,

Varnish already have a issue template, but sometimes I see people ignore it
and post questions, etc. (they are closed right away)

I saw a post on Twitter about the great categorization of issues in
ImageMagick.

https://twitter.com/yoya/status/1644160988600733696

I thought this was very nice and made a sample to see if it could be done
in Varnish as well.
I think that by putting in a category, we can guide them to the right place.

https://github.com/xcir/ghsandbox/issues
(Feel free to create issues for testing.)

When a new issue is made, the category will be displayed.
Bug report required each information (Expected Behavior, Current
Behavior...)

Of course, I understand that it is also used as a TODO, so I also allow a
free format description with "Don't see your issue here? Open a blank
issue." at the bottom of the issue creation screen
A warning is also included here to prevent unintended use.

https://github.com/xcir/ghsandbox/issues/new

I am thinking of submitting a PR if this might be useful, what do you think?

config is here.
https://github.com/xcir/ghsandbox/tree/main/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE

I'd be happy to be helpful.

Regards,