Varnish unresponsive on our server

Uday Kumar uday.polu at indiamart.com
Thu Jun 20 16:12:38 UTC 2024

Hello all,

We are facing frequent issues of varnish unresponsiveness for sometime on
our production server.

During this time we have seen that pz_list is being increased to ~3000 and
recv_queue is increased to ~130
Also, varnish is responding with response code '0' for sometime, which
meant unresponsive.

This is causing multiple 5xx on front ends.

FYR:
User request count during this time is normal.

Note:
During this time, we have confirmed that our backend servers are healthy
without any issues.

May I know what could be the reason for this behaviour at varnish?

Please give me the direction on how to debug this issue.