hit-for-pass vs. hit-for-miss

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Thu Sep 8 10:26:28 CEST 2016

On 07/09/16 23:20, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> I'm all for improving stuff in general, and any ideas/patches are
> welcome

what's your opinion about the suggestion to add obj.uncacheable + return
miss/pass in vcl_hit (see vcl mock in my initial email).

The hard part about this is that we currently have an unsolved issue with miss
from hit anyway, which we have last discussed on Monday. A transcript and
summary of my understanding is in here:
https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/issues/1799

At this point I think that solving this will be key also to getting vcl control
over hfp/hfm.

Nils