hit-for-pass vs. hit-for-miss

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Sep 8 10:33:39 CEST 2016

--------
In message <abfa5b5e-0874-cd37-e570-7922f80762ec at schokola.de>, Nils Goroll writ
es:
>On 07/09/16 23:20, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>> I'm all for improving stuff in general, and any ideas/patches are
>> welcome
>
>what's your opinion about the suggestion to add obj.uncacheable + return
>miss/pass in vcl_hit (see vcl mock in my initial email).

It doesn't "feel" quite right, and it certainly does not seem like
something which is so obviously correct that I feel comfortable
slamming it in a week before a major release...

>The hard part about this is that we currently have an unsolved issue with miss
>from hit anyway, [...]

Yes, that is the tricky one, and like the other one, I don't think we
have anything which is good enough to stuff it in a week before the
release.

The good news is that there is only 6 months until the next release...