VMOD havoc generating patch

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Feb 4 21:29:02 UTC 2019

--------
In message <CABoVN9AUh=DHA5Xt38=bJMAfOGZ=q1pooxG1wH_2UBkVWnYcrA at mail.gmail.com>, Dridi Boukelmoune writes:
>On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 8:30 PM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

>It seems incomplete though, currently the $Prefix is applied all over
>the place and the VPFX macro isn't used for function names. Is that
>still work in progress?

You mean the in-tree vmods ?

Yes, I only applied the necessary macros to make things work again,
in order to highlight that you dont *have* to use the macros to
write/port a VMOD to the new world order.

After the dust has settled and march release is out, I think we
should fully macro-ize the in-tree VMODS, but if you guys think
it is a better idea to go the full step now, I'm fine with that.