VMOD havoc generating patch

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Tue Feb 5 07:16:35 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 10:29 PM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> --------
> In message <CABoVN9AUh=DHA5Xt38=bJMAfOGZ=q1pooxG1wH_2UBkVWnYcrA at mail.gmail.com>, Dridi Boukelmoune writes:
> >On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 8:30 PM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>
> >It seems incomplete though, currently the $Prefix is applied all over
> >the place and the VPFX macro isn't used for function names. Is that
> >still work in progress?
>
> You mean the in-tree vmods ?

No, I mean when I look at the generated vcc_$VMOD_if.h, I see many
occurrences of the $Prefix that are not guarded by VPFX() macros.

> Yes, I only applied the necessary macros to make things work again,
> in order to highlight that you dont *have* to use the macros to
> write/port a VMOD to the new world order.

Right, but it's very convenient to maintain 6.0 source compatibility :3

> After the dust has settled and march release is out, I think we
> should fully macro-ize the in-tree VMODS, but if you guys think
> it is a better idea to go the full step now, I'm fine with that.

The in-tree C files don't need to be macro-ized, I was mostly
concerned by the if.h file generated by vmodtool. But even that
shouldn't matter too much.

Taking my snippet and applying s/vmod/$Prefix/ to it is probably enough.

Dridi