Mac and regular expressions

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Thu Jul 5 16:02:54 CEST 2007

"Martin Aspeli" <optilude at gmx.net> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at linpro.no> writes:
> > I don't want code in the repo that I can't test myself, or at least
> > build.
> Neither do I, but we're basing this on an assumption (which may or may
> not be correct) about the OS X regex implementation. If you can
> identify any points in the code where I could apply some hypothetical
> patch/change or add debug info that may at least help prove or
> disprove that theory. It may well be that this is an issue that
> affects other platforms as well.

There are other issues as well.  Varnish likely runs the compiler with
the wrong flags (why on earth couldn't Apple keep gcc's command-line
syntax when they adopted it as their system compiler?), and for some
reason configure doesn't correctly detect the absence of strndup() and
enable the compat implementation.  Not to mention the clock_gettime()
issue, which will surely come back to bite us at some point...

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer