Questions about Setup

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Fri Mar 30 21:40:49 CEST 2007

Hello!

I just started to look into varnish. We want to use it with TYPO3 as varnish
seems to be quite powerfull.

I have some question about the initial setup and hope to can shed some light
on me.

As far as i understood varnish can bei used in different setups:

A) On a single Server. Listening on Port 80 forwarding to localhost on a
special port.

B) On a server forwarding to different backends.

My Question, as I did not really understand the vcl conf stuff, can someone
post his vcl conf with some more explanations for one of the mentioned
szenarios.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Olivier

PS: Does anyone a working binary for macos x.. But that is different story
for now.
--

Olivier Dobberkau
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

d.k.d Internet Service GmbH
Kaiserstr. 79
60329 Frankfurt/Main

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Registernummer: HRB 45590
Geschäftsführer: Olivier Dobberkau, Götz Wegenast.

fon:  069 - 43 05 61-70
fax:  069 - 43 05 61-90
mail: olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
home: http://www.dkd.de