apache+zope+varnish

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Mon Sep 24 20:49:44 CEST 2007

On Sep 24, 2007, at 8:57 AM, <Samuel.Martin at ac-nantes.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My configuration :
> I've a apache server with the mod proxy activated listening in the
> port 80 and redirect to 9080 where my plone site listen.
>
> And i know that varnish is the best solution to cache
> How integrated varnish in this achitecture ? (What port must listen
> varnish in my architecture? How specify to apache to cache with
> varnish? ...)
>
> I begin to install varnish with the source but i've some problem to
> understand how implemented all this technologies (i'm french and ...)
>
> Thanks for your answer
> (i've read architect note and i'm beginning to read the man and
> other doc but au user guide will be so useful)
> long life to varnish it will be a standard...

If you're using Plone, I suggest looking at CacheFu (http://plone.org/
products/cachefu).  Even if you're not using Plone, CacheFu generates
some beta Varnish configs that might be useful as a reference.

Another one to look at is plone.recipe.varnish (http://
pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.recipe.varnish), which despite the name is
NOT specific to Plone.

Ric