Articles regarding Varnish, VCL and ESI

Jason Kuri jayk at ion0.com
Wed Dec 17 18:24:21 CET 2008

Hi All,

Been lurking on the list for awhile, I've been playing with Varnish
for some time also.  I'm very involved with the Catalyst community and
recently wrote a pair of articles that might be of interest to the
folks on the varnish list so I wanted to send them on. Both are
oriented towards Catalyst developers, but they also contain a lot of
info that is not specific to Catalyst.

They are:

"Making Catalyst Sites Shine with Varnish"  - includes an in-depth
exploration of VCL

      http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2008/14

and

"Site Building Hotness with Edge Side Includes"  - which covers the
benefits of using ESI and includes my JS based ESI parser that is
useful for developing ESI sites when you aren't behind Varnish.

     http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2008/17

Hope they are of use,

Jay