cant get restart; to fetch and deliver from other backend on HTTP error

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at redpill-linpro.com
Fri Sep 4 10:42:19 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 03:25:32PM +0200, Gerald Leier wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 11:00 +0200, Kristian Lyngstol wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 04:29:13PM +0200, Gerald Leier wrote:
> > >
> > > After setting up 2 servers(one returning the requested page
> > > the other returning 500 errors) i tested a bit but i have
> > > some bug in there i cant get a grip on.

(snip snip)

All I can say is that your VCL looks sane. I'm not ruling out that Varnish
might be a factor here, but I'd have to play with the setup a bit to see
what happens. Perhaps a packet capture between the varnish server and test
backends could reveal what's going on?

--
Kristian Lyngstøl
Redpill Linpro AS