increase hitrate

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Thu Apr 16 18:04:39 CEST 2015

>  I'm realizing that i can only get a hitrate around 0.6 and the throughput
> is around 43 request per second.  What am I doing wrong? How can I
> troubleshoot what's going on?
>

> sub vcl_deliver {
>    if (obj.hits > 0) {
>        set resp.http.X-Cache = "cached";
>    } else {
>       set resp.http.x-Cache = "uncached";
>   }

Without going too much into the details, do you get those 43 req/s with the
cached header?
Eg is Varnish even caching anything or just piping the requests back to your
backend (since in the configuration there are quite a lot conditions where
the request is not cached)?

p.s. for testing purposes just to see the varnish raw throughput take a
static file.

rr