Graphing number of 503s

Jason Heffner jdh132 at psu.edu
Fri Oct 16 00:46:42 CEST 2015

I’d use varnishncsa as suggested below..

for v3 - returns any 429, 500, or 503 from varnish or front-end in log

DAEMON_OPTS="-a -f -w $logfile -D -m TxStatus:\"429|500|503\" -P $pidfile”

for v4 - returns any 429 only from varnish, and any above 500 to log

DAEMON_OPTS="-a -F '%{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t "%r" %s %b "%{Referer}i" "%{User-agent}i"' -w $logfile -D -q \"RespStatus >= 429 or BerespStatus >= 500\" -P $pidfile"

Some common use examples I was using.

Jason