Varnish on stand-alone server

Andreas Plesner apj at mutt.dk
Fri Jan 20 10:59:10 CET 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 06:23:56PM +0000, Stalker, Tim wrote:
> Varnish is aware of the backend I have set and works fine as long as I'm
> logged into its virtual machine and run either curl or lynx to the address of
> the machine with apache running. I have my /etc/hosts file set with the
> backend address and virtual host as configured in the apache box, but it
> seems that varnish ignores the /etc/hosts file. I get logging and see the
> headers when I run curl -I
> http://backend.vhost.name<http://backend.vhost.name/> but when I do the same
> thing via the browser, curl, or lynx on my host computer, no logging, nothing
> happens inside the varnish vm.

You're not giving us any info that actually enables us to help you. What
doesn't work? What error messages do you get? What did you already try? What
were the results of these attempts? What is in the log?

Most important is:

What doesn't work? You've only stated that it doesn't work, not what is
actually happening when you've determined that it doesn't work.

--
Andreas