reg: not getting ReqAcct tag in varnishlog

Hardik hetardik.p at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 14:52:30 UTC 2019

Hi Dridi,

We should able to recreate with load and mobile requests. I have not tried
with 6.0.3.

@Nils,
We are seeing issue with both varnishlog and varnishlog with -g option. But
here problem is, shared memory it self does not have ReqAcct tag I think (
please correct me if I am wrong). Because all the clients which are reading
shm all are getting same thing..means no ReqAcct. But yes I am agree that
impact with "varnishlog -g session" is more.

So If shared memory it self has no ReqAcct tag then all clients will also
not get right ? How to fix this problem ? Please help with some details
which I can understand because we are loosing bills for which we are
serving traffic...!

*Normal varnish command we use to grep running logs*
varnishlog -g request -q "ReqURL ~ '/abc/xyz'"

*command uses to read shared memory directly for billing*
varnishlog -g session
--> we are already planing to use "varnishlog -g xvid" for billing api.
Because I understood is, -g session option is taking more time to arrange
in particular order and delivery final output. Please help with some more
detail.. It will really helpful.

Thank you
Hardik